Library of Things
Borrow the Library Telescope!
The goal of the Library Telescope Program is to help foster scientific literacy, stimulate an interest in astronomy, and provide people who have never looked through a telescope the chance to experience the excitement that comes from discovery.
The Telescope was donated to the library by the Southbridge Rotary Club and is maintained by a partnership with the Aldrich Astronomical Society.
LIBRARY OF THINGS LENDING POLICY
1. To borrow from Charlton Public Library’s “Library of Things” a patron must be age 18 or over and have a library card in good standing, with Charlton address confirmed. (Ukuleles are excluded from age requirement)
2. The patron must review “Library of Things” Lending Policy and sign the attached waiver form.
3. While the staff can provide a basic overview of items in the collection, by taking possession of any item, the patron is certifying that he or she is capable of using the item in a safe and appropriate manner.
4. Only the patron who has checked the item out is authorized to use it. The patron shall not permit the use of items checked out to him or her by any other person.
5. Items circulate for 7 days. Items may be renewed once.
6. “Library of Things” item must be returned during the Library’s open hours to the Circulation Desk on the Adult Floor.
7. Only 1 “Library of Things” item may be checked out at a time.
8. The patron agrees that the Charlton Library is not responsible for any manufacturing defects in quality of workmanship or materials inherent in any borrowed items.
9. The patron agrees that if any item becomes unsafe or in a state of disrepair, he or she will immediately discontinue use of the item and notify the Library of the issue on return, if not earlier.
10. All items must be returned in the same condition as issued, barring normal wear and tear. All items must be returned in CLEAN condition.
11. The patron agrees to pay for the loss of or damage to any item and further agrees to accept the Library’s assessment of condition and assessment of fair restitution for damage, dirtiness, delinquency, and/or loss of items in part or in total. This reinstitution amount could equal the full replacement cost of the item plus a $5.00 administration fee.
12. The Library reserves the right to refuse the loan of any item at its discretion.
LIBRARY OF THINGS WAIVER
The Library of Things collection is for the use of Charlton residents. Out of respect for future users, please clean any items you borrow before returning them and report any damage to the library immediately.
I, ______________________ (print name), state that I have read the Library of things lending policy and confirm that I can adhere to each of the clauses.
I, ______________________ (print name), state that I am capable in using the items I am borrowing, and that I will use the items in a proper manner.
I, ______________________ (print name), do hereby, for myself, on behalf of my successors and assigns, in consideration of being permitted to borrow items waive any and all claims against the Charlton Public Library, the Town of Charlton, its officers, agents, and employees for any injury or injuries of any nature that I may suffer or incur in the use of the items that I am borrowing from the Charlton Public Library.
I, ______________________ (print name), do hereby, for myself, on behalf of my successors and assigns, in consideration of being permitted to borrow tools, agree to release and indemnify and hold harmless the Charlton Public Library, the Town of Charlton, its officers, agents, and employees from any and all liability, loss, claims, and demands, actions or causes of action for the death or injury to any persons and for any property damage suffered or incurred by any person which arises or may arise or be occasioned in any way from the use of items I am borrowing from the Charlton Public Library. I am aware that the Charlton Public Library, its partners, directors, officers, members, and employees claim no expertise and make no representation concerning the fitness of any item for any particular use.
I affirm that the above information is current, true and correct and may be subjet to verification, I further state that I have read and fully understand the rules and regulations of the Charlton Public Library and I understand that failure to comply with any of these rules, may result in revocation of my borrowing privileges and/or legal action against me. I have read and signed a waiver and Indemnification form, relinquishing any and all claims against the Charlton Public Library, the Town of Charlton, its officers, agents, and employees.
Name (Print) _____________________________________________
Library Card Number _____________________________________________
Date of birth ____________________________________________
Name of item checked out ____________________________________________