Teen Health & Mental Health Resources
- Adolescent Health Transition Project
- A resource for adolescents with special health care needs, chronic illnesses, physical or developmental disabilities. From the University of Washington, Seattle.
- Take Charge of Your Health!
- A teenager's guide to better health, from the National Institutes of Health.
- Go Ask Alice
- Like an online "Dear Abby", only cooler. You can Ask Alice questions anonymously, or Search Alice to read answers to other people's questions about relationships, sexuality, alcohol and drug abuse, and more.
- If you have questions about puberty, sexuality, or STDs, this is a good place to get answers. From the American Social Health Association.
- Sex, Etc.
- See what your peers are saying about love, sex, and relationships. "We wanted to give teens a place to go in cyberspace that gave them accurate, up-front information on their sexuality." From the Network for Family Life Education, Rutgers University.
- Massachusetts Child Labor Laws
- Quick facts about the rules for teens working in Massachusetts, with resources available for more information. From the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
- Teen Workers
- The premier site for teen worker safety and health information provided by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- Suicide Prevention
- Samaritans 24/7 Hotline
Each day, people who are lonely, desperate, or struggling turn to Samaritans in search of compassion and support. We’re here to answer their call for help. At the start of the pandemic, we shifted our 24/7 Helpline operations to be remote. We enabled our enthusiastic volunteers to take calls and texts from their own homes, and made changes to our technology to allow for a smooth transition.
- Hey Sam
Hey Sam is a dedicated peer-to-peer texting service for people up to 24 years old. Designed for and staffed by young people, Hey Sam gives youth the opportunity to reach peers if they are struggling, need someone to talk to, or need support. If you or someone you know is feeling lonely, depressed, overwhelmed, or suicidal, we are here for you.
Whatever the reason, reach out. You are not alone. Text: 439-726 | Hours: 9AM-9PM
- Navigating Life after Failed Suicide: https://onlinegrad.pepperdine.
- Domestic Abuse (New Hope, Inc.)
- To inquire about our domestic violence services, please call our Toll-Free, 24-Hour Hotline at 800-323-HOPE (4673) or click here to visit the New Hope, Inc. domestic violence site.
Drugs and Drug Abuse Information
- NIDA: Information for Students
- Research information about the effects of drug abuse on the brain and interactive activities to help you learn more about various drugs and how they affect how your brain works. It also features links to interesting information about the work that other scientists at the National Institutes of Health are doing. From the National Institute on Drug Abuse.
- NIDA: Information on Common Drugs of Abuse
- Research reports, fact sheets and other publications from the National Institute on Drug Abuse with links to other online sources. Excellent starting point for school papers and projects.
- Drugs: What You Should Know
- Helpful articles on various abused drugs, a substance abuse quiz, and links to additional resources. From familydoctor.org.
- Get it Straight!
- An online publication from the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration). Each chapter contains information about specific drugs. At the beginning of each chapter and sub-chapter, is an explanation of what's up with each drug, what it's called on the street, a description of how it looks, where it comes from, how it's used, and/or the legal issues surrounding its use.
- Effects of Illegal Drugs on the Heart
- National Rehab Hotline
The National Rehab Hotline is free and available 24/7/365 to help anyone struggling through a substance use or mental health crisis get immediate help.
Our crisis hotline specialists can provide resourceful information about alcoholism, drug addiction, and mental health, and what the next steps for yourself or your loved one might be. This may include treatment suggestions, immediate crisis support & intervention, or we can guide you towards local resources. https://nationalrehabhotline.org/